Monday, March 19, 2007

Two deputies leave DA's Office

The Eureka Reporter - Article: "After spending a collective time of a little more than five and a half years at the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office, Deputies Zach Bird and Jose Mendez are both leaving the office and the District Attorney Paul Gallegos is looking to fill their two positions.

Bird, who has worked in the Humboldt County DA’s Office since December 2002, has been hired by the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office.

Mendez, who has worked in the Humboldt County DA’s Office since January 2005, has been hired by the Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office in Modesto.

Today is the last day for both men, who said they have enjoyed their time in Humboldt County and are looking forward to moving on.

“Though I feel that I’ve gained some great experience and important rewards (during) my time in Humboldt County, I am looking forward to the opportunities and experiences I believe await me in Modesto,” Mendez said. “I am also happy about being closer to family and an increase in salary.”"

No comments: