Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Padilla Questions Decision to Post Casey Anthony's Bond

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla now questions his decision to bail Casey Anthony out of jail.

On Tuesday night, he told CNN's Nancy Grace he doesn't think he would have posted the $500,000 bond for her freedom if he had read newly-released documents beforehand.

He told Grace, "After reading it, I don't believe I would have talked my nephew Tony Padilla into posting the bond. And I don't think I would have come to Orlando after reading that. I
mean, I'm still hoping that little girl's alive, but there's a lot of information in those 400 pages that would lead those people to believe something different."

The documents paint an unflattering picture of the Orlando mother. Some of the most negative opinions of Anthony come from her own family and friends. Anthony's mother Cindy called her daughter a "sociopath".

In a written statement to police, Anthony's father said she was very vague when he asked about his granddaughter, Caylee, saying:

"Each time we have asked to see her... my daughter would always have a different answer."



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is truly a crushing story. You never want to hear about something like this in the business, but at some point you're going to bail someone out who didn't deserve it. Unfortunately that's the profession we've chose.