Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Paris expects to learn and grow from her time behind bars

EiTB24::Portada: "Paris Hilton said in a statement on Saturday she won't appeal her jail sentence for probation violation saying she is 'learning and growing' from her time behind bars and wants the media to turn its attention to other things, such as the war in Iraq.

'Today, I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision,' Hilton said in a statement released on Saturday by her lawyer, Richard A. Hutton. 'While I greatly appreciate the sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, I intend to serve my time at LA County Jail.'

Hutton did not respond to repeated calls from The Associated Press to verify the statement but another Hilton attorney, Steve Levine confirmed it was authentic.

Hilton was being housed in a maximum-security detention centre where the hotel heiress was believed to be undergoing medical and psychiatric evaluations to determine the best jail to keep her in as she serves the rest of her sentence."

No comments: